Back in March I had the privilege of helping out Massey’s for a day at this year’s Louisiana Sportsman Show. This was my first time at this show and I was amazed at the sheer size of it and the variety of goods and services offered for those that attended. If you have any outdoor interest in the state of Louisiana, this show has you covered – from bird watching to bow fishing. It was very cool to talk kayak fishing with lots of different people, not your typical boat show crowd – from folks who’d never even seen a kayak to guys who knew it all.
It was also cool to finally see the production model Coosa HD. Massey’s may still have one in New Orleans if you want to check it out. I got to paddle the prototype at the Dealer Summit and came away impressed. Despite the name, this is a completely different boat than the Coosa. I love the old Coosa, I’ve always said it is the best river boat out there, but I feel like the HD may be a better fit for Louisiana waters.
More about the show from their website below:
The 36th Annual Louisiana Sportsman Show and Festival, Louisiana’s largest outdoor show and boat show, was held March 12-15, 2015, at the Lamar-Dixon Expo Center in Gonzales, Louisiana. Louisiana’s premier outdoor show featured acres of boats, fishing and hunting equipment, ATVs, tractors and lawn equipment, and activities for the entire family.
Show highlights include:
• an indoor boat show featuring all the major boat brands and dealers from throughout the Baton Rouge area
• acres of fishing tackle and hunting gear for sale
• an extensive display of ATVs and off-road vehicles
• a dedicated tractor and outdoor power equipment area
• the Louisiana Sportsman Big Buck Contest, with display of some of the largest bucks killed during the 2014-15 season in Louisiana, Mississippi and across the country
• Cabela’s 3D archery range
• Splash Dogs, where participants can enter their dogs in retriever competitions
• a Kids Zone, with free admission to the show for kids on Sunday
• a Yamaha ATV test track
• a bass tank, where pros will be giving regular seminars
• fishing and hunting outfitters from across the United States
• an improved food court featuring three times the selection